register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
NB!
Oled juba tqhq foorumi kasutaja? Su kasutajatunnus ja salasõna kehtivad ka siin foorumis.
Tuleb vaid tqhq foorumist välja logida ja siis ükskõik kummas foorumis uuesti sisse logida.
opentrack.tqhq.ee foorum : BMW 325 Cup : BMW 325 Cup cars rent and purchase  
Poster Message
ivan711

BMW 325 Cup cars rent and purchase
Hello, dear participants and organizers of BMW 325 Cup.
I am a driver amateur from Moscow and also an organizer of amateur rally-sprint competitions. I've been watching the Baltic races for a long time already and I'm eager to organize an analog 325 Cup in Moscow as many good tracks were built here. I'm planning to visit one of your Cup stages in order to see everything and just to have a conversation. I have a question: can I in the network of a stage rent a Cup car ? But not to the very stage, of course, because I don't want to bother the others, but for some test drive? Or, perhaps, you have training days? I'm ready to pay pledge for possible damages. I have some experience of driving (Ahvenisto, Nemuno Ziedas, 4 years of amateur rally-sprints in Russia).
I'm also interested in the price of a new built Cup car (maybe without suspension) and how much do you pay for one stage (petrol, tyres, initial deposit)?
TIA.
23.03.2011 at 11:15
peep

Privet !

Several cars have sold or are for sale for € 10 k. I think its minimum amount, if you want to build competitive car. My bet would be that several cars are in 12-15 k. range. You can do it for 6-7k. by doing all the work and being cheap, but then dont expect much...speed, fun and be prepared to walk around paddock with greasy hands.

For one race meeting you can count set of tyres, 80 l. of petrol, few l. of oil, 1/3 brake pads, entry fee and costs for towing, accommodation, food (for all team members) plus whatever goes wrong with the car. In money terms may-be € 600 if nothing goes wrong.

I'm not sure if anybody would be willing to rent his car, but its not that exotic to drive, any track prepared e36 on street tyres gives you an idea.

That would be great, if you manage to start similar series in .ru, keep us informed about the progress. And welcome to have a chat, I'm nr 87.
23.03.2011 at 22:56
ivan711

quote:
peep: Privet !

Several cars have sold or are for sale for € 10 k. I think its minimum amount, if you want to build competitive car. My bet would be that several cars are in 12-15 k. range. You can do it for 6-7k. by doing all the work and being cheap, but then dont expect much...speed, fun and be prepared to walk around paddock with greasy hands.

For one race meeting you can count set of tyres, 80 l. of petrol, few l. of oil, 1/3 brake pads, entry fee and costs for towing, accommodation, food (for all team members) plus whatever goes wrong with the car. In money terms may-be € 600 if nothing goes wrong.

I'm not sure if anybody would be willing to rent his car, but its not that exotic to drive, any track prepared e36 on street tyres gives you an idea.

That would be great, if you manage to start similar series in .ru, keep us informed about the progress. And welcome to have a chat, I'm nr 87.
Thank you for your answer! The amount of expenditure is clear, I'll think it over. I have some experiences in driving E36, I drove slightly prepared E36 325 (Koni Sport shocks + lower springs + E46 330 brakes) in all above-listed tracks and rented Lithuanian E36s in Kacergine and winter/gravel tracks (but unfortunately that cars were trash with cages).
A range progress in Russia could be prevented because of the fear that cars are quite old and technical problems are inevitable. This fear can be eradicated only by personal example.
24.03.2011 at 12:59
hall

If the race car is well prepared there is no importance of the birth of the bodyshell, so the fears because of the age of the cars is probably felt by people who do not know anything about race car preparation :)

CityKart - sisekardikeskus Pärnu kesklinnas.
24.03.2011 at 14:19
peep

Only age related problem with e36 is rust. Here we are still able to source rust-free shells from .eu. Not sure how easy that would be in .ru ? Cars with history on salted roads are pain to work with and will be more expensive and time consuming to prepare. Fortunately all e36 shells are the same and 2,5 engines are easily available.

When you make the rules, don't be too liberal with allowed modifications and try to keep any later changes on minimum. Some adjustments are inevitable of course, for us it took few seasons to find the good balance between low cost, useability and rationality. Still there are few issues, like suspension, which are impossible to change afterwards. KW3 is nice set, but without local support and therefore not best choice for racing, where stuff get damaged and repairs must be made sometimes overnight. Choose what can be repaired and serviced locally and better non-adjustable, to keep costs down and field as level as possible.
24.03.2011 at 20:37
ivan711

quote:
peep: Only age related problem with e36 is rust. Here we are still able to source rust-free shells from .eu. Not sure how easy that would be in .ru ? Cars with history on salted roads are pain to work with and will be more expensive and time consuming to prepare. Fortunately all e36 shells are the same and 2,5 engines are easily available.
There's a big choice of anti-rust shells in Russia, but there are another problems:
1) the choice of donor cars is poor, the condition is oppressive (especially of a body) and prices are high - from 5000 Euro per donor, which demands to be worked a lot.
2) the same thing is with body services - there won't be anyone who'll start reinforcing a body of E36 and welding cage to it for reasonable money.
Now it's more benefitial to find prepared cars in Baltic and Finland.

quote:
peep:When you make the rules, don't be too liberal with allowed modifications and try to keep any later changes on minimum. Some adjustments are inevitable of course, for us it took few seasons to find the good balance between low cost, useability and rationality. Still there are few issues, like suspension, which are impossible to change afterwards. KW3 is nice set, but without local support and therefore not best choice for racing, where stuff get damaged and repairs must be made sometimes overnight. Choose what can be repaired and serviced locally and better non-adjustable, to keep costs down and field as level as possible.
It's your regulations that broght me in delight! Everything is in detail, but on the other hand it's simply controlled. Arming racing is the main failure of our amateur competitions. As for suspension - we have an alternative KW - a Taiwanese suspension XYZ, full adjustable too. It cost 2-2.5 times cheaper, you can order all the components separately, if concerned, you can also buy it in advance. Reliability is not clear at the moment but it drove a season on a slighly prepared E91 without problems. By the way, if you're interested in it - I know its distributor very well.
24.03.2011 at 23:39
ivan711

quote:
serõi: If the race car is well prepared there is no importance of the birth of the bodyshell, so the fears because of the age of the cars is probably felt by people who do not know anything about race car preparation :)
There are very few well prepared old cars in .ru because our touring championship is almost dead for last 3-4 years and amateurs having enough money to prepare good E36 prefer to buy stock Evo or Sti and begin arms racing :).
24.03.2011 at 23:55
ICE

quote:
As for suspension - we have an alternative KW - a Taiwanese suspension XYZ, full adjustable too. It cost 2-2.5 times cheaper, you can order all the components separately, if concerned, you can also buy it in advance. Reliability is not clear at the moment but it drove a season on a slighly prepared E91 without problems. By the way, if you're interested in it - I know its distributor very well.

There is a XYZ Baltic dealer in Latvia but there are many alternatives too. At the time there weren´t maybe that many options, times have changed though. Also some asian-produced set-ups have proven to be reliable enough. I guess we will see what future brings concerning possible allowed suspension set-ups. I´m pretty much ready to offer an alternative if it becomes necessary :)

25.03.2011 at 01:06
peep

We didnt choose BMW because we were fans of that brand, actually almoust nobody was. Everything started from wish to race and many options was discussed before it was agreed, that e36 325 has best balance of low cost, plentiful supply and fun...which is valid statement here in Baltics. In US we would may-be choose Mustang, in UK MX-5, in Russia ???

First you must have people who want to race, rather than establish another car-brand or tuning club. Brand fanatics will make lot of big words and know exactly which kind of cars and modifications should be chosen, usually like their current cars are. None of them will actually race anyway...so don't be too upset if they don't agree with simple and conservative rules set.
25.03.2011 at 01:41
opentrack.tqhq.ee foorum : BMW 325 Cup : BMW 325 Cup cars rent and purchase  
Account recovery

© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024.